Are you interested in the gaming notebook industry? Well, you can now witness how a new king of the hill is installed – Eurocom’s Panther 2.0 gaming notebook has just achieved a new world record of 22,669 points on the 3Dmark 2006 benchmark. Of course, in order to hit such lofty heights, the notebook in question is no slouch when it comes to hardware within, holding a couple of CrossFireX AMD HD6970M GPUs while running on an Intel i7 Extreme 980X processor. Needless to say, other components underneath the hood are also top notch, ranging from 12GB of DDR3 RAM at 1333MHz aided by a 500GB Seagate hybrid storage drive. In 3DMark Vantage, the Panther 2.0 managed a score of P22667. Meant to replace traditional desktop based workstations, it ought to also usher in portable CAD/CAM services if gaming’s not on the agenda.
Next Story: myTouch 3G and Fender LE gets Froyo
- 2012-03-05: Gigabyte P2542G gaming notebook
- 2011-07-29: MSI GE620DX gaming notebook does quad core with processor
- 2011-06-13: MSI GX780 and GT780R ready to ship
- 2011-05-31: MSI G Series gaming notebooks ready to rock and roll
- 2011-04-18: Dell Alienware M14x ready to rock and roll