[CES 2011] To accelerate photo sharing, Eye-Fi Direct mode, and new Mobile Apps. The idea behind Direct Mode is that your camera can transmit photos directly to your mobile device (Smartphone or Tablet… when supported). The photos will then appear is if they had been shot with the mobile device, thus making it easy to share with a mobile application like Flickr or Facebook. With the Eye-Fi mobile apps, users can also synchronize their photos to Eye-Fi’s online storage and sharing service.
“We have a diversity of devices we use for different purposes,”… “Digital cameras are just plain better at taking photos and videos, especially when lighting, action, or zoom distance affect the shot. But, there’s no doubt that the apps, touch interface and always-connected nature of mobile devices are compelling. (Jef Holove, CEO of Eye-Fi). Direct Mode is an upgrade to all Eye-Fi X2 cards and will be released “later” in 2011.RELATED
- Canon EOS M2 Might Be A Japan-Only Release For Now
- Star Wars Starts An Instagram Account, Posts A Darth Vader Selfie
- Canon EOS M2 Announced With Improved AF System
- Alleged Canon EOS M2 Specs Leaked
- Sony Rumored To Be Working On 54MP Full Frame Sensor
- Follow: CES, ces 2011, eye fi, eyefi, photo, photography,