It is uncertain where this rumor stemmed from, but there have been stories going around about Mark Zuckerberg planning to close down Facebook on March 15 2011. Apparently he’s tired of the whole business and wants to “live a normal life”. No points for you if you believed for a second that the story was real. Well an official tweet from Facebook has put those rumors to rest. Facebook will not be shutting down this March. Even if Zuckerberg wanted to retire from the business, I doubt he would shut it down – it’s making too much money! Not to mention he can always put other people in charge of it because he doesn’t need to be the one running the show. Did any of you hear about this rumor? Were you backing up all your Facebook data in anticipation of the shut down?
Next Story: Bio flip phone concept
- Microsoft Interested In Purchasing A Stake In DailyMotion [Rumor]
- Facebook Reportedly Hiring Editors For Paper
- Twitter Reportedly Working On Letting Users Edit Their Tweets
- Facebook Rumored To Be Interested In Acquiring Indian Startup Company
- YouTube Rumored To Launch Subscription-based Music Service Later This Year