If you thought training for the World Cyber Games was tough enough, wait til you get a load of this – a bunch of hackers broke their way into the medical server of Seacoast Radiology in New Hampshire, not for stealing personal information, but so that they could host a Call of Duty: Black Ops server to play on. Talk about hardcore! Fortunately the hackers didn’t steal anything because it seemed like all they wanted was the server’s bandwidth to play Black Ops on. But the hospital has informed its patients about the breach and has warned them to be on the lookout for any case of identity theft anyway. Would you risk going to jail just to play a video game? On the bright side, this breach was a wake up call to the technicians who have promptly fixed the holes in the server’s security.
[image credit: webstigate]RELATED
- Video Games Can Enlarge Parts Of The Human Brain [Study]
- Doctors Play Super Monkey Ball 2 To Prepare Them For Surgery
- Play Tetris To Fix Lazy Eye
- Study Finds Action-Packed Video Games Helps Dyslexic Children With Their Reading Abilities
- Wii Playing Doctors More Skillful In Surgery
- Follow: call of duty black ops, hackers, videogames,