You might remember a few days ago the folks at fail0verflow claimed that they managed to come up with a permanent PS3 jailbreak, thanks to some dodgy security measures. The team promised to release some PS3 development tools for hackers out there, but the popular hacker, Geohot (who offers a jailbreak tool for the iPhone) has found what he claims to be the root keys to the PlayStation 3. If these are accurate, then hackers out there will be able to trick the PS3 into thinking that the program that they’re trying to run on it is an approved piece of software, meaning that custom software or pirated games could be good to go too.
Next Story: iRing wheels for lunar rover prototype
- 2014-04-23 Grid Autosport By Codemasters Coming This June
- 2014-04-16 Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition Arriving This May 16th
- 2014-04-11 Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-09 Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Announced For PS3
- 2014-03-31 Minecraft PS3 Update Delivers New Features Like Zombie Villagers
- 2011-04-11 PS3 hacker Geohot settles with Sony over jailbreak, but did he just lose?
- 2011-03-23 PS3 Hacker Geohot Flees to South America to Escape Sony
- 2011-02-11 Sony allowed to inspect PS3 hacker's hard drive