A recent leak tipped us off that Palm was planning to unveil a 9-inch and 7-inch webOS tablet, codenamed the Topaz and Opal, respectively. While this is no confirmation that those will be the final names of the tablets, it has been discovered that HP filed a trademark for the term “HP Touchpad”. Of course, a trademark application itself doesn’t mean that the upcoming webOS tablet will be dubbed the HP Touchpad, but it wouldn’t sound too far fetched, considering it’s a tablet that offers a touchscreen display. It’ll be interesting if the name will bring about any conflicts with previous tablets such as the Hanvon Touchpad, though.
Next Story: GhostBot relies on just one fin to move around
- 2014-01-07: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2013-12-10: HP EliteBook Revolve G2
- 2013-12-10: Quark A Kickstarter Project That Help Kids Learn Via Fun
- 2013-12-06: No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- 2013-09-06: LG G Pad: Hands On Review
- 2011-10-06: HP TouchPad Go clears the FCC, HP gearing for launch?
- 2011-09-19: Final batch of HP TouchPads to go to HP employees first
- 2011-08-30: HP will continue supporting the TouchPad