Hyundai attempts to go green further with the Blue-City CNG hybrid bus, making it the first of its kind in Korea. Blue-City is a true blue (no pun intended) Korean invention, fully developed in Hyundai’s home country while offering better fuel efficiency with lower emissions thanks to a CNG engine and an electric motor. Capable of churning out 177kW (240ps) of power and a 6-speed automated manual transmission, its 60kW (82ps) highly-efficient electric motor and 3.8kWh lithium-polymer battery lets you enjoy safe driving and efficient charging. The number of fuel tanks have also been cut down to five from seven, where a full charge can let the Blue-City go on for 340km. It is around 30% to 40% more fuel efficient than a standard CNG bus, with 30 test units of Blue-City ready to undergo testing in selected metropolitan areas in Korea from July onwards. If all goes well, mass production of the vehicles will commence in 2012.
Next Story: Galaxy Tab Review
- 2014-01-05: Hyundai Google Glass App Being Developed
- 2013-10-24: Hyundai And Kia To Introduce Android-based Navigational Systems In Future Models
- 2013-04-16: Hyundai T7 Receives Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- 2013-04-02: Hyundai Unveils E4U Concept Personal Vehicle
- 2012-12-27: Hyundai Connectivity Concept Gives NFC-enabled Phones Power Over Your Car