[CES 2011] The SuperHero is the typical consumer tech solution that I love: not very “sexy”, super simple to use and offering a solution that makes people’s lives so much easier that you just ask yourself “why has no one thought of doing this before?”
After downloading the free SuperHero iPhone Backup App, setting up some options for which contacts and photos to back up on your phone, and placing your iPhone in the SuperHero cradle, the Iomega software will back up your iPhone contacts and photo on the 4GB SD card included in the package. If you need more storage capacity (up to 32GB) you can simply insert a new SD card in the SuperHero. If your iPhone is lost or stolen, you can easily restore contacts and the contents of the camera roll from the SD card to a new iPhone.
Additionally, the device acts as a regular charger. Note that music files, videos and calendar are not included in SuperHero backup, I hope that it will change in the future. The SuperHero will retail for $69.99.
In my opinion, most people rarely plug their phone to their computer for backup and they realize they should have done it the day they lose it alongside their contacts and photos. One reason for this behavior is the unfriendly user interface of smartphones syncing applications, and even if Apple is doing the best job on the market, it is still not very simple to sync the iPhone with one or several computers. That’s why the Superhero solution can be considered as the holy grail of phone backup.
- Backup contacts and photos without using a computer
- Restore to a new iPhone if yours is lost, stolen, or destroyed
- Mandatory to make it work: download the Superhero free iPhone App from the Apple store
- 3 year limited warranty when you register your purchase
- Supports iPod touch (4th generation) and iPhone® 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G
- SuperHero docking station
- 4GB SD card
- Power cord
- Printed Quick Start Guide
Next Story: Lenovo Z-Series Updated at CES
- 2014-04-23 iPhone 6's Metal Casings Could Be Supplied By Catcher [Rumor]
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-22 Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2012-01-09 Iomega EZ Media & Backup Center
- 2012-01-09 Iomega StorCenter ix2
- 2011-01-09 Touch UI offers a touch-sensitive back for the iPhone
- 2011-01-07 myDitto Key makes a splash
- 2011-01-07 Micron RealSSD C400 drives at CES