One of the major features of Verizon’s iPhone 4 is support for creating your own personal hotspots that supports up to five Wi-Fi devices to share the iPhone’s data connection. While there isn’t any official confirmation just yet, word is going around that Apple is planning to bring the same personal hotspot feature to GSM versions of the iPhone in the upcoming iOS 4.3 update.
If it were true, that would be great news for existing iPhone users, though the bad news is that the functionality will be subject to the approval of individual carriers. If AT&T’s track record for allowing tethering on the iPhone in any indication, we’re in for a long wait.RELATED
- Razer Kazuyo iPhone Gamepad Leaked
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- iPhone 5s Shipping Times Improve To 1-3 Days
- Report Claims Touch ID's Accuracy Degrades Over Time
- "Apple Picking" Is A New Smartphone Theft Technique You Need To Be Aware Of
- Follow: cdma iphone, hotspot, ios 4.3, verizon iphone,