Remember whispers of the upcoming iPad 2 featuring a new display that has a much higher resolution count at 2048 x 1536 pixels? Well, accordingt o IDC research manager Tom Mainelli, “Our sources say Apple has requested that manufacturers begin work on displays with that resolution for the iPad 3.” The iPad 3, hmmm? That’s still some ways off by any means, considering that the sequel hasn’t even hit the market not is there a spy shot of it leaked somewhere. Still, the issue behind this high resolution display being delayed is believed to be due to production capacity instead of the technology’s existence or expense. After all, Mainelli claims that he doesn’t believe any manufacturer is prepared to produce such resolution in volumes at this point. File this under yet another rumor that requires some time before it is confirmed/debunked.
Next Story: Acer aims higher with netbook sales
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro Rumored For Q3 2014 Launch
- Rumored iPad Pro Could Be A Hybrid Device Aimed At Enterprise Users
- Rumored 12.9" iPad Pro Could Feature 2K Display With Eye-Tracking Technology
- Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]