While there are plenty of rumors going around when it comes to the iPhone 5, Richard Doherty of Envisioneering Group claims that engineers are already working on integrating an NFC chip into Apple’s upcoming hardware. Considering that Google’s Nexus S also includes an NFC chip, it’s not too hard to imagine that 2011 will see an increase in interest when it comes to NFC technology. The analyst predicts that Apple will enter the NFC game with some new hardware and also a revamp of iTunes. The idea is to allow iTunes gift card balances and the credit card information that Apple already has from you to make payments at supported outlets. Users would want to use Apple’s service since the fruity company will offer benefits such as credits and points. Of course, this speculation could turn out to be nothing, but it’s still an interesting idea.
Next Story: T-Mobile drops the price of the Galaxy Tab
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2011-11-22: Apple to update iOS to support NFC in 2012?
- 2011-03-17: iPhone 5 will feature NFC?
- 2011-03-14: Next iPhone won't have NFC?
- 2011-03-10: The iPhone 5 Will Use The A5 Processor (Opinion)
- 2011-03-10: iPhone 5 confirmed to have a dual-core processor