Kindle for Mac has been available as a free app for a long time and now Amazon wants to make sure that Mac users will be able to download it via an even easier method – Apple’s Mac App Store. The software has arrived on the Mac App Store and is currently listed as the fourth most-downloaded free app. The appearance of the Kindle for Mac shows that developers and companies out there are taking the Mac App Store seriously and view it as a good way to get their apps to the end users.
It still remains to be seen if major developers like Microsoft and Adobe will want to add their software to the Mac App Store. While doing so would make it a lot easier for the end user to purchase their software, Apple would get a nice cut on their profits. Another issue to consider is that since Kindle of Mac can now be easily installed, will Apple want to offer its iBooks reader on the Mac too, or will it let Amazon enjoy the lion’s share of the eBook market on Macs?RELATED
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- OS X 10.9.1 Seeded Out To AppleCare Staff; Public Release Imminent
- Apple Beats Out Dell For Most Sought After Desktop Computer For The Holiday Season
- German Retailer Accepting Mac Pro Pre-Orders Set For 16th December Release
- OS X Mavericks' Overall Market Share Continues To Grow
- Follow: Amazon, app store, Apple Inc, kindle, mac app store,