We do know that Samsung has had troubles in the past when it comes to rolling out Android 2.2 Froyo updates for their smartphones, with a little spat going on at the moment but at least the South Korean company goes soft with the Galaxy S GT-i9000, introducing an Android 2.2.1 update before Android 2.3 Gingerbread rolls out. This will be a bug fixing release, where most of the Swedish Galaxy S owners who already received this have reported a general speed-up in device operation after applying this update. Right now, this update is only possible in Sweden, so it does signify that it will most probably be released elsewhere worldwide in due time.
- Qualcomm Keynote @ Uplinq 2011
- T-Mobile Will Ride HSPA+ to 672Mbps. Possibly Beyond
- Sony Ericsson revamps strategy, will release new models but stop software support, says Eldar Murtazin
- iPhone 3GS won't be upgraded to iOS 5.x, says Eldar Murtazin
- Google I/O 2011 wrap-up
- Follow: galaxy s, LG, Samsung, samsung galaxy s, Verizon,