This article was filed in and was tagged with galaxy s, LG, Samsung, samsung galaxy s and Verizon.
We do know that Samsung has had troubles in the past when it comes to rolling out Android 2.2 Froyo updates for their smartphones, with a little spat going on at the moment but at least the South Korean company goes soft with the Galaxy S GT-i9000, introducing an Android 2.2.1 update before Android 2.3 Gingerbread rolls out. This will be a bug fixing release, where most of the Swedish Galaxy S owners who already received this have reported a general speed-up in device operation after applying this update. Right now, this update is only possible in Sweden, so it does signify that it will most probably be released elsewhere worldwide in due time.
Next Story: Routers get sexy with Linksys E4200
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-02-28: Galaxy NotePro 12.2 & G Pad 8.3 Pegged For 6th March Launch On Verizon [Rumor]
- 2012-08-28: Samsung Stratosphere 2 and LG Spectrum 2 spotted in Verizon's Equipment Guide
- 2011-10-17: Samsung Galaxy S family goes beyond 30 million in sales
- 2011-08-30: Mesmerize from US Cellular gets Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread
- 2010-08-04: Verizon's Samsung Fascinate seen, has just been spotted in the wild