[CES 2011] Is 2011 the year of the tablets? Marvell, who has their chips and processors embedded into a wide range of devices and even vehicles, aren’t going to lose out on the tablet market either with the introduction of the Marvell 100 series and 600 series devices. Of course, judging by the model number alone, you can tell that the latter is the more powerful of the two, running on the Android 2.2 operating system while sporting 1080p output via HDMI. This allows you to watch your favorite HD videos on a large screen TV – thanks to its powerful processor within which also paves the way for mobile 3D gaming (courtesy of OpenGL support) and video encoding/decoding on-the-go without missing a beat.
Wi-Fi and USB 2.0 connectivity are supported in addition to its 10” multi-touch screen display and according to the Marvell executive, the 600 series tablet can run up to 5 or 6 hours while going through some heavy duty computing – that sounds pretty, er, marvelous (pardon the pun), but we will wait for real world test results before agreeing to that statement.
Of course, anything that allows you to play Angry Birds on such a generous display is always more than welcome, but we also saw this being used by connecting to a set top box of sorts, processing video in the process without breaking a sweat. There is no word on when this puppy will be released, nor how much will it cost, but you can bet your bottom dollar that this will be a waste if it sees action in the primary school setting unless the syllabus has changed to include 3D renderings of human bodies for biology and other science subjects.
Next Story: Marvell 100 series tablet
- 2014-01-07 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2013-12-10 HP EliteBook Revolve G2
- 2013-12-10 Quark A Kickstarter Project That Help Kids Learn Via Fun
- 2013-12-06 No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- 2013-09-06 LG G Pad: Hands On Review
- 2011-05-30 Asus MeMo glasses-free 3D tablet at Computex 2011
- 2011-01-07 Panasonic Viera Connect Tablet and App Store
- 2011-01-07 OpenPeak shows off 7″ Intel Atom Moorestown tablet
- 2011-01-06 Marvell 100 series tablet
- 2011-01-06 Dell Streak 10 shown at CES