When Apple’s Mac App Store was launched, one question that folks were asking is whether heavyweights such as Microsoft and Adobe would offer their software on the store. Now reports are in that Microsoft is “looking at” the possibility of offering its Office productivity suite via the Mac App Store, and if that did materialize, it would represent a tremendous boost to the store, though the company did mention that the Office suite was already available in many places, including via a Web download.
One issue that will need to be sorted out would be how Microsoft would deal with Apple’s restrictions on the Mac App Store and if Apple would take its usual 30% cut of the revenue. Microsoft has recently softened its stance on Apple’s App Store as evidenced by the release of the OneNote app for iOS.RELATED
- Temple Run 2 Gets Santa Costume
- MIT Researchers Claim To Have Discovered Toughest Tongue Twister Of All Time
- Samsung To Introduce Smartphone With Fingerprint Sensor In 2014 [Rumor]
- OCZ Formalizes Toshiba's $35 Million Buyout Offer
- Journey Through Middle-Earth Is Another Chrome Experiment
- Follow: mac app store, microsoft office, office,