Netflix has announced a development effort that will see a Netflix One-Click button placed on remotes for Internet-enabled TVs and Blu-ray players. Once everything is in place, the button will offer users direct-access to the company’s streaming service, bypassing other menu screens. Companies that are already on board for the TV game include giants such as Sony, Sharp, and Toshiba. Blu-ray players include support from the previous three companies, along with Samsung, Panasonic, Memorex, Haier and Dynex. The button will also appear on remote controls for set top boxes from Boxee, Iomega and Roku.
Next Story: Genius shows off special mice at CES 2011
- 2014-04-14: Netflix Speeds On Comcast See Massive Improvement
- 2014-04-08: Amazon Says Instant Video Has Surpassed Hulu And Apple
- 2014-04-08: Netflix 4K Streaming House Of Cards Kicks Off
- 2014-04-02: Hulu Looks To Cash In On The Binge Watching Frenzy
- 2014-04-02: Netflix Launch In France Might Hinge On A Technicality