We recently mentioned that iOS 4.3 would bring hotspot capabilities for GSM iPhones and now that the iOS 4.3 beta has been seeded to developers, reports of some new features have started to surface. One of the most interesting new features, aside from the hotspot feature, will be the multi-touch gesture support for the iPad, allowing users to use four or five fingers to pinch the Home Screen; swipe up to reveal the multi-tasking bar; swipe left or right between apps.
It was also discovered that there were references for effects in the iOS 4.3 code and folks speculate that it might be used as live video effects for video capture and FaceTime calls. We’re talking about effects such as a Thermal Camera, X-ray, Kaleidoscope, Normal, Tunnel of Light, Collapse, Turbine, and Enlarge.
Other features in iOS 4.3 include:
- AirPlay support for third-party native apps and third-party Web apps
- Redesigned FaceTime icon
- iAd full screen banners on the iPad
- Configurable slide switch for the iPad, allowing users to decide whether the hardware switch controls the mute or rotation lock
Next Story: Sony's PSP 2 to be announced on Jan 27th?
- 2014-04-22 iTunes App Store Now Labels Apps With In-App Purchases
- 2014-04-22 Jailbroken iOS Devices Vulnerable To Apple ID And Password Stealing Malware
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Facebook Paper App For iOS Updated
- 2014-04-20 Beats Music Embraces In-App Subscriptions To Drive Subscriber Base
- 2011-10-24 Apple TV and MacBook Pro 15" get bug fixes
- 2011-07-25 Apple releases iOS 4.3.5 update
- 2011-04-14 iOS 4.3.2 released
- 2011-03-21 iOS 4.3.1 coming soon?
- 2011-03-09 iOS 4.3 officially released