The folks over at Wired managed to score an interview with Nintendo and poked around for more details concerning the upcoming 3D handheld console. The glasses-free 3D gaming machine will be arriving in March, but everyone wants to know more about it. Not much was discovered during the interview, it was basically a “wait for the official launch” every response. But here are some of the interesting details:
- The 3DS has been confirmed to be region locked, with no way of unlocking it (bar illegally hacking the device)
- Games that have been downloaded can be transferred to other 3DS devices – but only for a limited number of times (if at all)
- 3D movies will be coming to the device (but more details will be announced closer to the launch)
If you’re interested in checking out the whole interview head here. With all the restrictions Nintendo has imposed on the 3DS, they had better release a line up of games worthy enough to make people pick this device up when it launches. Will you be picking up a 3DS at launch?
Next Story: Verizon 3G network down again
- 2014-04-24 Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle Confirmed By Nintendo
- 2014-04-23 Ace Attorney 3DS Takes Place In Late 1800s
- 2014-04-23 Mario Kart 8 Demo Rumored For Release Ahead Of Official Game
- 2014-04-22 Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call Confirmed
- 2014-04-22 New Fatal Frame For The Wii U Being Developed
- 2011-07-25 Nintendo 3DS Sales Stopped at Amazon, Now Back
- 2011-03-21 Nintendo doesn't want games from "garage developers"
- 2011-03-21 Best Buy to host midnight launches for the Nintendo 3DS
- 2011-03-21 Nintendo 3DS available earlier in France?
- 2010-09-27 German Tabloid Reveals Nintendo 3DS Japanese Launch Date, Pricing