Most folks know of the OnStar systems in many GM vehicles and now the company is looking to branch out to fend of the challenge of Ford’s SYNC. Of course, the obvious benefit of the OnStar services is that it uses a cell unit so that the services are online even when your phone isn’t in the car. The company has since introduced the OnStar mirror, a unit that will be available for installation at Best Buy early this year.
While most of the features that are available on the OnStar units in GM vehicles are available, remote unlock and vehicle diagnostics are currently unavailable. There will be services such as stolen vehicle reporting, accident alert, built-in accelerometer, hands-free dialing, roadside assistance and also turn-by-turn navigation. Expect the OnStar mirror to be available in the US in spring of 2011 for $299, though you’ll need to pay about $100 for installation.
Next Story: Onkyo releases retro looking Hi-Fi components
- 2014-04-14: Lechal Smart Shoes Update
- 2014-02-16: Nexus 7 2013 16GB White Spotted On Best Buy
- 2013-12-12: Best Gadgets You Can Find At Best Buy [Promoted]
- 2013-11-26: Apple's Brick And Mortar Stores Account For 11% Of All U.S. Cellphone Sales
- 2013-11-24: PS4 Sold Out At Best Buy
- 2013-11-21: Best Buy Offering $75 Gift Card With Fourth Generation iPad Purchase
- 2009-07-22: OnStar Remote Ignition Block
- 2009-10-29: Magellan SE4 from Best Buy
- 2010-05-18: General Motors and Google team up to help you find your car
- 2010-06-09: OnStar Supports Google Maps To Enhance Turn-by-Turn Navigation