Word is going around that Apple is confident enough of Pegatron to allow it to manufacture the iPhone 5. The company is set to churn out at least 10 million to 12 million CDMA iPhone 4 units and has apparently been chosen to come up with at least 10 million iPhone 5 units. It wasn’t mentioned when production will go ahead, but speculation is that it will begin in May. Aside from Pegatron, it’s been said that Apple’s longstanding manufacturer, Foxconn, will also share manufacturing duties with the company, meaning that the initial batch of iPhone 5 units will be quite large. With 2011 already here, we’re still busy dreaming about the iPad 2 and iPhone 5, and hopefully they won’t disappoint.
Next Story: HighNote: Free Rich Multi-Media Mobile Messaging
- 2014-04-23 iPhone 6's Metal Casings Could Be Supplied By Catcher [Rumor]
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-22 Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2012-01-25 iPhone 5 details leaked by Foxconn employee?
- 2011-11-18 Rumors about the new iPad, iPhone and MacBook Pro surface
- 2011-11-15 LG rumored to be building displays for 4" iPhone and 7.35" iPad
- 2011-09-01 Foxconn to ship 20M iPads to Apple in Q3 2011
- 2011-03-10 The iPhone 5 Will Use The A5 Processor (Opinion)