RIM has recently announced that their upcoming QNX tablet, the BlackBerry PlayBook will be able to wirelessly tether to BlackBerry smartphones – so if you won’t have to get a new data plan just to go online with your PlayBook if you own a BlackBerry device. Using a Bluetooth connection, you can just connect to the internet through your BlackBerry device. A pretty handy feature if you ask me – saves you the trouble of purchasing a hotspot or a separate data plan just to go online with the tablet if you don’t have a WiFi connection handy. Using the BlackBerry Bridge software, you can go online as well as transfer files between the two devices. With such great compatibility with BlackBerry, we wonder if RIM will let the tablet be just as compatible with other smartphones. Chances are it won’t be, but we can always hope.
[image credit: mobile syrup]RELATED
- Mirror Android Display On Apple TV Using Mirror App
- GTA: San Andreas Android And Windows Phone Release Is Due Next Week
- Zagat Update Brings New Tablet UI And More
- Google Maps iOS And Android Apps Updated With Gmail Integration
- Instagram Direct Messaging Service Announced
- Follow: blackberry, blackberry os, internet, playbook, qnx, RIM, Tablet, tether,