It wasn’t too long ago that Samsung announced that it had surpassed 1 million downloads for its TV App Store and now the Korean company has announced that the store has surpassed 2 million downloads, confirming that there is quite a bit of interest from consumers. The Samsung Apps for TV allows users to purchase and download applications for their TVs and there are already about 380 apps in the store and 259 of them are free.
While the first million downloads took a good 268 days from the store’s launch, the next million only took 53 days, confirming that there is some momentum behind the whole thing. Popular downloaded apps include YouTube, Hulu Plus, ESPN Next Level, AccuWeather, Google Maps and Texas Hold’em. Samsung is already expecting to sell about 12 million Smart TVs this year, which will further fuel the growth of the Samsung Apps for TV store.
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2013-06-04 Samsung TVs Will Get Ability To Stream Media From Intel Powered PCs
- 2011-05-24 Samsung Smart TV Apps surpasses 5 million downloads
- 2011-03-24 Samsung targets 30% of global Smart TV shipments
- 2011-03-24 Samsung Apps store arrives at 100 million downloads
- 2011-03-16 Samsung and HBO join forces to offer HBO GO