The US Secret Service has recently announced that they will be including video games in their training methods. The Secret Service have been using tabletop simulations for more than 40 years and this upgrade to modern technology is a significant change from what they’ve been doing all along. The Secret Service will be training in a virtual reality environment that uses a 55″ stereoscopic 3D display to immerse trainees into simulated training areas in both first and third person views. About time they made the change. After all, the army and UK’s ministry of defense have already been using the technology for many years I wonder what took them so long to decide to make the change. I wonder if the skills picked up in video games can actually help in real-life situations. We’ll just have to see if the quality of the Secret Service improves after video game training.RELATED
- Microsoft's New Temporary CEO Expected To Be Kevin Turner [Report]
- R2-D2 With Built-In Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 Now Available For $800
- Sony EyePad Patent Filed
- Angry Birds Cartoon Series Coming In Spring, Says Rovio
- Wedding Entertainment System - wedding invitation like a boss!
- Follow: training, update, video games,