Sony intends to usher in a brand new photo taking experience with the DSC-HX100V as part of its Cyber-shot series, offering Full HD video shooting capability at 60 progressive frames per second (1920×1080 60p), not to mention throwing in a 27mm Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonar T lens with 30x optical zoom. To put another feather into its cap, this shooter is also another Cyber-shot camera first, boasting a 16.2-megapixel “Exmor R” back-illuminated CMOS sensor within which is capable of supporting the new Intelligent Sweep Panorama HR (High Resolution) mode. To shoot a lovely panoramic shot, just give the shutter button a press, sweep the camera, and watch it freeze up to 42.9 megapixel panoramic images in crisp 10480 x 4096 resolution for posterity.
To make matters more interesting, there is a Dual Record mode that handles video while simultaneously capturing 3-megapixel digital still pictures (2-megapixel in 4:3 ratio when recording in MP4) – now how about that? Sony is also going 3D, and the DSC-HX100V does the job pretty well with a 3D Sweep Panorama mode or the 3D Still Image mode, doing so by snapping two consecutive shots in different focus positions in order to calculate the depths, followed by processing left-eye and right-eye images so that a 3D effect is produced. Out in April later this year, the DSC-HX100V will retail for $450 – pretty good value considering the kind of performance you’re getting.
Next Story: Samsung Real Translator concept
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-02-11: Sony WX350 Compact Zoom Camera
- 2011-07-25: Sony DSC-TX55 Cyber-shot takes great photos for casual shutterbugs
- 2009-05-28: Sony Cyber-shot W180 And W190
- 2009-08-06: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX1
- 2010-02-18: Sony intros new Cyber-shots