Telenav has just announced the version 6.2 its navigation app that features improvements in many areas, but the most interesting ones are:
Quick Search: this is a menu-less search that should make local searches faster. It looks more like a web search engine, and less like what you might have seen in GPS navigation software before. To make things even faster, you can also use TeleNav’s Speech Recognition (I guess that the Android one should work too).
Multiple Routes Suggestion: TeleNav 6.2 now offers you more choices when it comes to routing. It will propose several routes for each destination. If you don’t like a particular road or area, finding an alternative is now easier.
22M POIs: The point of interests database has ballooned to 22 million, so any TeleNav customers should have that much more things to search from.
Telenav 6.2 will be available right away (on the Android Market) for AT&T Android Phones. TeleNav lists ” Samsung Captivate™, HTC Aria, Sony Ericsson Xperia™ X10, or Motorola BACKFLIP™ devices running Android OS version 2.1 or above “. More carriers should get the upgrade “soon”. More info at telenav.com
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2011-10-10: AT&T throws 5 more Android smartphones your way
- 2011-05-05: Samsung SENS-240 navigation tablet launched
- 2011-02-23: MapQuest now available on Android
- 2010-02-11: Garmin Asus A50 smartphone
- 2010-06-14: Pantech Ease from AT&T announced