[CES 2011] It’s been leaked by Toshiba Singapore on Dec 13, but Toshiba is upgrading its NB505 Netbook with Intel’s Atom N550 processor which features two processing cores instead of a single one in the Atom N445. Because of that, things like web browsing and other apps that benefit from multi-core should see a significant boost in performance. At the same time, because tasks are accomplished faster, the processor can get back to a sleep state quicker, thus saving battery life.
Other than that (and the addition of Bluetooth), the new NB505 is very similar to the first model, so this is really “just” a performance upgrade. The overall design stays the same: 10.1″ 1024×600 display, 2.9lbs, etc…RELATED
- Spotify Offers Free Ad-Supported Listening On Your Mobile Device Starting Today
- NYC Rolls Out Largest Free Public Wi-Fi Network
- Dell Chromebook 11 Announced
- Microsoft Unsure When They Will Stop Selling Windows 7 To OEMs
- Photosynth Delivers 3D Views Of Real World Spaces
- Follow: CES, ces 2011, computer, laptop, netbook, toshiba,