[CES 2011] It’s been leaked by Toshiba Singapore on Dec 13, but Toshiba is upgrading its NB505 Netbook with Intel’s Atom N550 processor which features two processing cores instead of a single one in the Atom N445. Because of that, things like web browsing and other apps that benefit from multi-core should see a significant boost in performance. At the same time, because tasks are accomplished faster, the processor can get back to a sleep state quicker, thus saving battery life.
Other than that (and the addition of Bluetooth), the new NB505 is very similar to the first model, so this is really “just” a performance upgrade. The overall design stays the same: 10.1″ 1024×600 display, 2.9lbs, etc…
Next Story: Sony Ericsson Anzu displayed in banner?
- 2013-01-02 ASUS And Acer Bow Out Of Netbook Market
- 2012-06-27 Acer TravelMate B113 gets Sandy Bridge platform
- 2012-05-08 Acer Aspire One 725 ready to rock and roll
- 2012-04-29 Sol Computer netbook is one tough cookie
- 2012-04-17 Sprint launches subsidized IdeaPad S205s netbook for $199.99 on contract
- 2011-01-05 Sony VAIO Y Series
- 2010-01-04 Toshiba mini NB305 netbook
- 2010-01-07 Toshiba Qosmio X505 laptop (2010)
- 2010-01-07 Toshiba Satellite U505 laptop
- 2010-06-21 Toshiba Libretto W100 hands-on