[CES 2011] With every company out there trying to go green, TRENDnet has announced the integration of the energy efficient GREENwifi technology in its wireless networking solutions, claiming to result in reduced power consumption of up to 50%.
GREENwifi reduces power consumption using various methods/scenarios. The power consumption can be reduced when the wireless device is idle and not connected to another wireless client such as a computer. Another scenario would be to reduce the power output when it’s communicating with a computer that is a short distance away from the router.
GREENwifi technology has been integrated into newer models of TRENDnet’s wireless routers and USB adapters, such as the TEW-651BR, TEW-648UBM and TEW-652BRP.
- 2011-10-28: TRENDnet ships 450Mbps Dual Band Wireless N HD Media Bridge
- 2011-06-02: TRENDnet 450Mbps Dual Band Wireless N Media Bridge
- 2011-05-30: Asus MeMo glasses-free 3D tablet at Computex 2011
- 2011-05-13: TRENDnet launches first 500Mbps Powerline Adapter with Bonus Outlet
- 2011-01-18: TRENDnet 450Mbps Wireless N Gaming Adapter is first in the market
- 2011-01-16: Samsung RMC30D1 touchscreen remote control visits the FCC
- 2011-01-07: eCoupled wirelessly charges your Tesla Roadster
- 2011-01-05: TRENDnet TPL-402E 500Mbps Powerline AV adapter with Bonus Outlet
- 2011-01-04: TRENDnet TEW-692GR 450Mbps concurrent dual band router