[CES 2011] TRENDnet has announced its TPL-410AP 500Mbps Powerline AV Wireless N Access Point, a device that combines a high performance 500Mbps Powerline adapter with a 300Mbps wireless N access point. This device allows users to create a wireless network from any outlet on an electrical system. All users have to do is network one adapter to a router, plug another adapter into any outlet on the same electrical system and connect them using the one-touch Sync button.
Security is provided thanks to the AES encryption while embedded power saving technology lowers power consumption by up to 70% in standby mode. Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) ensures that users will be able to easily setup their wireless networks at home too. If you’re planning to set up a more complex network, you’ll welcome features such as 4 SSIDs with the ability to set different encryption settings for each SSID. The TPL-410AP comes with a three-year warranty and will be available in May for $179.99.
- 2014-04-02: Shoptagr: Tag Now and Shop Later for Less
- 2013-08-08: Civilization Online Revealed
- 2013-08-07: Apple Granted Appeal That Reinstates ITC Case Against Motorola
- 2013-08-06: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Always-On Voice Recognition
- 2013-08-06: LG G2 Release Expected On Launch Day