Losing stuff is never fun, but one thing you probably wouldn’t want to lose is a two-foot long laser cannon. Reports are in that the cannon – complete with its bright yellow protective case – disappeared from a truck in Denton, Texas. The good news is that it’s not weaponized, but the owners, local authorities, the FBI, and the FAA are concerned about it (and rightfully so). The device is apparently used as a measuring device in the train business and has a long range, which causes worry that it could be used to blind pilots if pointed at an aircraft. There’s currently a $1,000 reward being offered, though we must admit that the prospect of having a laser cannon is cooler than the $1,000 reward (though that wouldn’t be very right).
Next Story: Microsoft Office coming to the Mac App Store?
- Man Breaks Guinness World Record By Typing With His Nose
- Video Of Kids Reacting To A Rotary Phone Might Make You Feel Old
- Flexcoin Shuts Down After Over $600,000 Of Bitcoins Were Stolen
- Couple Tries Saving Flat Screen TV While Apartment Burns
- Samsung Oscars Selfie Retweets Matched With Equal Donation To Charities