The Verizon iPhone rumors are going wild at the moment. Many Verizon subscribers have been screaming for a Verizon iPhone for years and the latest rumors are in. According to the rumors, a source that is familiar with the situation says that Verizon and Apple will be holding an event on January 11 in New York, where a CDMA version of the iPhone will be unveiled. We’ve previously heard rumors that it will be arriving at the end of January, but as long as it arrives this month, we’re not going to complain. We’re not talking about an iPhone 5, of course, this will be a version of the iPhone that has been adapted for Verizon’s network, and there isn’t any confirmation if the phone will support the carrier’s new 4G LTE network, though chances are that it won’t. With January 11th within touching distance, we won’t have to wait too long to find out if this rumor is true or not.
Post updated with invitation notice from Verizon. Picture courtesy of Gizmodo.
Next Story: Angry Birds joke text-based game for BlackBerry
- 2014-04-23 iPhone 6's Metal Casings Could Be Supplied By Catcher [Rumor]
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-22 Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2011-01-21 Verizon airs iPhone commercial, arriving on 10th of Feb
- 2011-01-11 CDMA/EVDO iPhone visits the FCC
- 2011-01-11 Verizon site shows Apple iOS listing
- 2011-01-07 Verizon iPhone launch on February 3rd?
- 2010-12-30 Verizon iPhone rumored to arrive in February 2011?