[CES 2011] We’ve previously heard whispers of a VIA Phone and Tablet from Vizio and were even lucky enough to catch a picture of them. Now Vizio has come out and made both products official, confirming the technical specifications of them too.
First off, the Vizio VIA Phone will be powered by a 1GHz processor and offer some juicy features such as a 4-inch capacitive touchscreen display, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS, microSD card slot, HDMI output, HD video playback, along with a front- and rear-facing camera.
The VIA Tablet will also be powered by a 1GHz processor and offers an 8-inch capacitive touchscreen display, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth connectivity, GPS, microSD card slot, HDMI output, HD video playback and a front-facing camera for video chats. It also boasts a unique three-speaker design for stereo audio in both portrait and landscape modes.
Interestingly, both devices offer a built-in IR blaster with a universal remote control app for quick access to the entire home theater system and will be powered by Google’s Android platform, supporting the Android Market.
- 2014-01-17: Best of CES 2014 Ubergizmo Awards
- 2014-01-10: Dive Is The $89 Alternative To The Oculus Rift
- 2014-01-10: The Matias SecurePro Keyboard Comes With 128-bit AES Encryption
- 2014-01-10: Bens Electric cPot Cloud Intelligent Cooking Appliance
- 2014-01-09: WiTricity Charges iPhone Sans Wires
- 2011-05-30: Asus MeMo glasses-free 3D tablet at Computex 2011
- 2011-01-08: Shuttle P10AN01 joins the tablet crowd
- 2011-01-04: VIA Plus offers a unified experience for Vizio devices
- 2011-01-02: Vizio Via Tablet and Via Phone pictured
- 2011-01-02: Vizio to unveil Android smartphone and tablet around CES