The weekend will be upon us yet again as we draw nearer to a close of January 2011 – how fast time flies! This will also mark Vudu’s inaugural attempt to roll out its 2.0 interface across many devices following the PS3 and Boxee Box updates, where this time around Blu-ray players and Internet-linked TVs will also be on the receiving end. Of course, the simplified interface has also been optimized for HD as well as newer controllers when they make their debut. Currently, Vudu recommends movies based on the viewing history of a user and on paper is able to deliver faster access to movies. Not only that, hardware from LG and other Vudu-supporting designers will also receive this update automatically. If you’re rocking to Samsung and Vizio TVs, fret not, your update is on its way soon enough.
- 2013-08-14: Google Fiber Android App Update Introduces Vudu Support
- 2013-07-04: Vudu For Android Works With Selected Handsets Now
- 2013-04-09: Vudu User Data Stolen, Passwords Reset
- 2012-12-19: Vudu For Android Offers Access To 100,000 Movies & TV Shows
- 2012-11-15: Vudu Offers 1080p Video Streaming