Having to be in a wheelchair due to arthritis isn’t fun, but it probably gets worse when the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency tells you that your wheelchair isn’t allowed on British roads anymore – since it has been classed as a tank. You’d normally think of a wheelchair as something meek and boring, but the wheelchair pictured above is anything but that, measuring in at 107cm wide and 220kg in weight, not to mention it cost a juicy $24,000. Apparently it exceeded the maximum spec for wheelchairs, which is 85cm wide and 125kg in weight, so if you’re planning to come up with some super wheelchair to scare your neighbors away, you might want to take that into account.
Next Story: iPhone 5 will have more Taiwanese innards
- 2013-09-01 Dad “Hacks” Wheelchair For Kid To Increase Mobility
- 2013-04-30 Japanese Firm Launches 'Unimo' Wheelchair That Can Traverse Any Terrain
- 2012-12-27 i-Transport Robot Wheelchair Lets Rider Stand At Full Height
- 2012-10-15 JWX-2 wheelchair assistant
- 2012-10-15 Robot wheelchair “grows” legs, climbs stairs