Sony Ericsson’s Xperia Play (or PlayStation Phone) has been showing up from time to time and now the gaming-oriented phone has been sighted again. This time the phone is seen in a video with someone playing Resident Evil 2 and Rage Racer on the device. The hardware seems to be working fine, though the games needed to be loaded through ROM Buddy, a third-party Android app for running ROMs, hinting that the software isn’t final yet or that this might not be what we’re getting when it’s officially released. Check out a video of this phone in action after the jump.
Of course, if the Xperia Play is powerful enough to run PlayStation games, it’ll likely be a serious challenger to the iPhone’s dominance, not to mention become a competitor to Sony’s PSP and PSPgo portable gaming consoles too.
Next Story: ICE CARD concept MP4 player
- 2014-02-17: PS Plus TV Spot Introduced
- 2014-02-04: Sony PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset Unveiled
- 2014-02-03: PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2014-01-21: PlayStation 4 Error CE-34878-0 Being Investigated By Sony
- 2014-01-08: DualShock 3 A Requirement For PlayStation Now Gameplay On Smartphones And Tablets
- 2011-06-27: Xperia Play Review
- 2011-03-08: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play available on eBay
- 2011-02-14: Xperia Play Hands-on
- 2011-01-04: Xperia Play PlayStation Phone sighted again
- 2010-12-21: PlayStation Phone to be called the Xperia Play?