The inevitable announcement of the next generation iPad is almost upon us. According to some reports online, Apple will be holding an event on March 2 (just a week away) to introduce the world to the iPad 2. Though the exact venue hasn’t been confirmed, it is rumored to be at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco, California, a location that has played host to previous Apple media events. If this turns out to be true, it looks like we can finally put an end to and clear up all the speculations of the device. Retina Display touchscreen? Lighter and thinner design? Dual-cameras for FaceTime? Hopefully all the answers will be revealed next Tuesday.
Update 9.24AM: According to some reports, the event has been confirmed, with invitations received by members of the media. The event will be held on March 2 in the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco, California. The invitations also feature an image of a calender being peeled back to reveal an iPad, confirming that the it will be an event about the iPad (nice use of the number 2 with the iPad to symbolize the iPad 2). Hit the break to see the full image:
- 2014-04-18: Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2012-01-19: iPad 2S/iPad 3 cases go on sale
- 2011-12-23: iPad 3 to be launched on Steve Jobs' birthday?
- 2011-11-18: JBL OnBeat Xtreme speaker dock available now
- 2011-11-03: Apple rumored to release two iPad tablets next year
- 2011-03-15: iPad 2 launch delayed in Japan