The latest version of BlackBerry App World has finally left the beta stage and is now available for all BlackBerry users. The main feature of this new release is the inclusion of in-app payments. BlackBerry AppWorld 2.1 will now allow developers to provide additional content directly from their apps, without users having to go through an external store, thus bringing a whole new level of convenience to the device. In addition to in-app purchases, there will be a new featured apps filter (i.e. filter by carrier or country) to bring more relevant apps to its users. It also has an extended BBID login session – this means that users won’t have to constantly log in to the App World each time they’d like to download an app. Each login now lasts 20 minutes, so users can go on a downloading spree in those 20 minutes before they have to log in again. App vendors will also have more options to manage their virtual goods sold on the BlackBerry App World by using the App Vendor Portal. Point your browser here to get the latest BlackBerry App World on your BlackBerry device now.
Next Story: The Daily iPad-only newspaper launched
- 2014-04-13: BlackBerry Windermere Concept Case Renders Surface
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry CEO Optimistic That Handset Business Will Be Profitable By 2015
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry Q20 Will Be Officially Known As The BlackBerry Classic
- 2014-04-10: BlackBerry CEO Claims He Was Misquoted On Handset Division Sale
- 2011-12-20: Facebook for BlackBerry PlayBook updated to 2.0
- 2011-09-06: BlackBerry App World 3.0 officially released
- 2011-07-28: RIM releases BlackBerry Messenger 6 with BBM connected apps
- 2011-04-15: Official Twitter client for BlackBerry updated
- 2011-03-21: BlackBerry App World updated to version 126.96.36.199.