Near Field Communication (NFC) does seem to be one of the more interesting trends for this year, where it will see action on the mobile platform soon as well. NFC is also making its way into the US and Europe markets via a range of channels, and you can add BMW to the list of supporters with its NFC key of the future. BMW researchers are hoping to link the vehicle’s key to its navigation and entertainment system, letting you for example, reserve a hotel room for your anniversary or purchase coach tickets right from the comfort of your ultimate driving machine. Currently however, all of this remains in the R&D phase and will most likely see implementation in the next generation of ConnectedDrive if all goes well.
- 2014-04-13: Apple Might Consider NFC For Next Generation iPhone
- 2014-04-10: BMW OLED Laser Lights To Shape The Future Of Vehicle Lighting Systems
- 2014-03-19: LG Debuts Washing Machine With NFC Technology
- 2014-02-23: Sony Implements FeliCa/NFC Functionality In Gemalto MicroSD Cards
- 2014-01-21: Isis NFC iPhone Payments A Possibility With Incipio Cashwrap
- 2013-12-09: Nokia BH-121 Bluetooth Stereo Headset Announced