Do you have the ability to quit smoking? If you’re not sure if you’re on the right path, technology can help you find out if it’s working or not. According to some researchers at the University of Michigan, they found out that using functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI), they can tell the chances of someone successfully kicking the smoking habit. Apparently these brain scans will be able to let you know that you’re on the path to cleaner lungs or you’re just deceiving yourself. This technology isn’t available at any hospital at the moment, but if it does get adapted for general use – expect these “lie detectors” to be a hit with the cigarette smoking crowd.
Next Story: PlayStation 3 Slim now in Silver
- 2013-11-08: Video Games Can Enlarge Parts Of The Human Brain [Study]
- 2013-04-05: Human Brain Can Now Control Rat's Tail
- 2013-04-01: Human Brain Cells Injected Into Mice Results In Boosted Intelligence
- 2012-11-30: Scientists Create Virtual Functioning Brain
- 2012-09-11: Scientists find a way to induce memories in brain