There is nothing quite like having a universal standard for everyone to follow – it makes life a whole lot simpler, don’t you think so? One aspect that we can think of would be chargers of modern devices – how many types of adapters must you bring with you when you travel? The European Commission recently received the first batch of the universal phone charger where they have finalized a standard based on a microUSB connection. This charger will play nice with over 90% of cell phones, and with 14 companies throwing their lot into it, you can be sure that handsets from the following manufacturers will have your base covered – Apple, LG, Motorola, Nokia, RIM, Samsung and Sony Ericsson. This will definitely play its role in reducing the amount of trash that goes into our landfills once you’re done with your phone.
Next Story: BlackBerry PlayBook coming to Verizon?
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: Instagram Down, And Up Again
- 2014-04-14: American Airlines Receives Additional Bomb Threats After Dutch Girl’s Arrest
- 2014-04-14: Temple Run 2 Gets Cloud Support
- 2014-04-14: US Airways Tweets Apology To Customer