Great news for all Nexus One and Nexus S owners – Google has officially announced in a tweet that the Gingerbread (Android 3.0) update has started rolling out. The roll out will take a few weeks to complete so if it hasn’t reached you yet, have a little patience. This marks the first time ever the Nexus One will receive the official Gingerbread update, while if you’re on the Nexus S, this update will bring your phone up to Android 2.3.3. The update will bring new NFC capabilities to the Nexus S as well as fixes for random reboots and crashes. Hopefully the when the Nexus One gets the update, owners won’t face the same problems the current Nexus S owners are facing now. In the meantime, stay tuned for any update notifications on your device. Let us know when it reaches your phone.
Update (2/25): For those of you who don’t wish to wait for the over the air (OTA) update, you can obtain the official update here and update your phone yourself (instructions courtesy of Android Central). As usual, make sure you back up your device and know what you’re doing before attempting anything. For those of you who are less adventurous, you can just wait for the OTA update.RELATED
- Evernote For iOS Updated, Now Able To Scan Business Cards And Save As Contacts
- India Courts Allows Nokia To Transfer Chennai Factory Assets To Microsoft
- Cover Lock Screen App For Android Now Available For Download
- Batman Tumbler iPhone Case Comes With Built-In LED Projector
- FCC And Wireless Carriers Arrive On A Cellphone Unlocking Agreement
- Follow: Android, android 2.3, gingerbread, Google, nexus one, nexus s, update,