Google knows that it is important to keep its software updated often enough in order to maintain its popularity as well as appeal to the masses, and this time around it is the Google Reader app for Android that has received such a treatment. After listening to its users, Google has decided to throw in several popular requests including an unread count widget and news ticker widget for folks who are rocking to Android 2.2 Froyo and above, while ‘Mark Previous As Read’ will be retroactively included – which means even if your dinosaur of a smartphone is lugging along to Android 1.6, it will still work. Folks who work with the KGB (or just love Russian feeds) will be pleased to know that Russian translation is supported on an official basis now.
Next Story: Scosche announces goBAT II for road warriors
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Off-White Google Glass Sold Out Quickly
- 2014-04-15: Google I/O Ticket Registration Kicks Off, Lottery System Implemented
- 2014-04-15: ETA For Project Ara's Release Set For January 2015
- 2014-04-15: Buy Google Glass Today In The U.S.
- 2013-06-26: Digg Reader Launches In Beta
- 2013-05-24: Digg Reader Announced To Be Digg's Official Google Reader Replacement
- 2013-04-21: Yahoo Will Discontinue A Few Services Later This Month
- 2013-03-25: Digg Reveals Key Points To Makes Its RSS Reader As Good As Google Reader
- 2013-03-13: Google Reader Shutdown Announcement Prompts Petition