Could exploding phones be in vogue again? Following earlier reports of a Motorola Droid 2 allegedly blowing up, now someone out there claims that an iPhone 4 blew up too. According to reports, the user noticed that the phone became extremely hot while his wife was holding it, while the battery of the phone had swollen, dislodging the back panel and catching fire. His wife dropped the phone on a table where it left some visible burn marks, not to mention burning the user’s hand and also setting off the fire alarm. The owner of the phone claims that he went to the Apple store to get a replacement phone, but it isn’t clear what the final outcome of this phone is. Do you think that it’s a legitimate case of a phone blowing up?
Next Story: Intel ad hints of a black MacBook?
- 2014-04-23 iPhone 6's Metal Casings Could Be Supplied By Catcher [Rumor]
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-22 Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2011-12-28 Connect Design Block Case for the iPhone 4/4S: a case inspired by LEGO
- 2011-10-21 Casetagram puts your Instagram photos to good use
- 2011-10-14 iPhones bring "best ever day of sales for a device family" on Sprint
- 2011-10-11 Lost iPhone 4 saga ends
- 2011-10-10 AT&T iPhone 4 cases won't fit the iPhone 4S (updated)