Could exploding phones be in vogue again? Following earlier reports of a Motorola Droid 2 allegedly blowing up, now someone out there claims that an iPhone 4 blew up too. According to reports, the user noticed that the phone became extremely hot while his wife was holding it, while the battery of the phone had swollen, dislodging the back panel and catching fire. His wife dropped the phone on a table where it left some visible burn marks, not to mention burning the user’s hand and also setting off the fire alarm. The owner of the phone claims that he went to the Apple store to get a replacement phone, but it isn’t clear what the final outcome of this phone is. Do you think that it’s a legitimate case of a phone blowing up?
Next Story: Intel ad hints of a black MacBook?
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2014-04-14: In-House iPhone Baseband Chip Development 'Herculean' Task [Analyst]
- 2014-04-14: Apple Staffer Shamed By Judge For Using iPhone In Court
- 2011-12-28: Connect Design Block Case for the iPhone 4/4S: a case inspired by LEGO
- 2011-10-21: Casetagram puts your Instagram photos to good use
- 2011-10-14: iPhones bring "best ever day of sales for a device family" on Sprint
- 2011-10-11: Lost iPhone 4 saga ends
- 2011-10-10: AT&T iPhone 4 cases won't fit the iPhone 4S (updated)