This article was filed in and was tagged with Amazon and Kindle.
Another day, another software update, and this one is for the Amazon Kindle which will not cost you a single penny (the update, not the ebook reader). Among the new features that will arrive to the latest generation Kindle and Kindle 3G include Public Notes that lets you make your book notes and highlights available for others to see. Basically, any Kindle user, be they authors, fans, book reviewers, professors or just a good ol’ passionate reader, will be able to share their thoughts on book passages and ideas with friends, family members, colleagues, as well as the greater Kindle community. Real Page Numbers are also thrown into the mix, making it a whole lot easier to reference and cite passages in the real world. That’s pretty much a no-brainer, and we do wonder why it took so long before that was included.
The “Before You Go…” feature lets you rate the book immediately when you reach the end, or share a message about it over your social network of choice while the memory is still fresh. You will be able to get the update here if you’re interested.
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-16: Amazon Cloud Drive Users Can Now See Documents Stored On A Kindle
- 2013-12-09: Epson Connect Printers Synchronize Wirelessly With Kindle Tablets
- 2013-11-04: Amazon Kindles Receive Discount To Celebrate FAA's New Rules
- 2013-10-29: Amazon Kindle Matchook Service Now Live; Supports 70,000 Books