One of the major gripes that you might have with your current smartphone could be the lack of a software upgrade due to the carrier or phone manufacturer. Well, LG intends to put your worries at rest when it comes to their line of Android-powered handsets by pledging to provide a clear upgrade path for owners of its Optimus smartphones. LG fully intends to offer at minimum a one-level upgrade for all of its Optimus smartphones that roll out this year – and beyond, of course. If that doesn’t happen, then you can always look for Kenneth Hong, Director of Global Communications for LG Electronics. At least you know you won’t be left behind for at least one software level of upgrade, but we would be happier if that assurance was extended to the entire handset’s lifetime. Will such an offer actually entice you to jump over to LG’s Android camp?
Next Story: ecoATM: Recycle your Gadgets and Get Cash
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Press Render Of LG L90 For T-Mobile Leaked
- 2014-04-09: LG G3 Screenshot Sees More “Flat” Design (Rumor)
- 2010-07-29: LG confirms Android-powered tablet this Q4 2010
- 2010-08-31: LG Optimus Pad tablet looks as expected
- 2010-09-10: LG to hold news conference for Optimus smartphones rollout
- 2010-11-12: LG GT540 Optimus receives Android 2.1 Eclair update
- 2010-12-15: LG Optimus 2X launched, in Korea