[MWC] The LG Optimus pad is launching officially at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. It is a 8.9-inch Tablet that is pitched as being a one-handed device, which is curious for a tablet. Like virtually every upcoming hot tablets, it is powered by Google’s Android 3.0 OS and NVIDIA’s Tegra 2 processor. To differentiate itself from the competition, LG has included a 3D camera in the back. “With a flood of tablets hitting the market, we felt strongly that the LG Optimus Pad needed to set a new standard for what a tablet should be,” says Dr. Jong-seok Park, LG Mobile President and CEO.
The tablet has a 15:9 aspect ratio and a 1280×768 resolution, but there’s no word on what the local storage or connectivity will be. We’ll just have to get our hands on it.
UPDATE: We now have video footage of the Optimus Pad, after the break:
Next Story: Sundial concept wall clock
- 2014-04-17: LG G3 Design Rumored To Be Pretty Similar To LG G2
- 2014-04-16: AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-04-16: LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-16: LG Confirms First Mobile Processor Enters Production In The Near Future
- 2014-04-16: Gold LG G3 Reportedly Coming This Summer
- 2013-03-02: LG Optimus G Pro Unboxing [HD Video]
- 2013-02-12: LG Optimus G Pro Officially Has a 5.5-inch Display
- 2011-02-13: LG Optimus Pad to be shown off at Mobile World Congress
- 2011-02-04: LG Optimus Pad to make its debut at the Mobile World Congress
- 2010-08-31: LG Optimus Pad tablet looks as expected