Google intends to bring the fight against “content farms” right to your doorstep with their latest Chrome extension. Just in case you’re not too sure what a content farm is, it is a website that has thousands of low-quality articles which intend to appear in your your Google search results, and this has made looking for reliable information through Google a whole lot harder than normal. Thanks to this new Google Chrome extension, content farms can be blocked and never again plague your search results. You are able to choose from the type of domains to be blocked from your search results, and Google intends to make good use of data generated by everyone’s blocked sites in order to better improve their search algorithm. Sounds like a win-win situation for all, so why not help Google out by installing the extension today?
Next Story: NEC outs Android-powered LifeTouch Note netbook
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Off-White Google Glass Sold Out Quickly
- 2014-04-15: Google I/O Ticket Registration Kicks Off, Lottery System Implemented
- 2014-04-15: ETA For Project Ara's Release Set For January 2015
- 2014-04-15: Buy Google Glass Today In The U.S.
- 2011-12-01: Chrome browser zips past Firefox market share
- 2011-06-09: Google Chrome with Touch UI revealed in pictures
- 2011-06-08: Google Chrome 12 released
- 2011-04-28: Google Chrome 11: now with voice input
- 2011-02-01: Chrome surpasses 10% market share