Mozilla has just announced the new beta release of their Firefox 4 browser for Android and Maemo phones. According to them, it is the fastest performing Firefox 4 Beta for mobile yet – with faster start-up times, page load times, and responsiveness to panning and zooming. It also offers over 100 Firefox Add-ons to enrich your mobile surfing experience. Mozilla has claimed the browser to be faster than the Android stock browser, which is saying quite a lot, though Android browser speeds are usually determined by the phone it is on. Other features of this beta include increased stability, reduced memory usage, improved readability and fixed keyboard issues. Sounds like exciting stuff, and with each beta release, we’re getting one step closer to the final release of the browser. Head here if you’re interested in giving the beta version of the browser a go on your Android or Maemo phone.
Next Story: Could this be the iPad 2 screen?
- 2014-04-10: Firefox OS 2.0 Begins To Take Shape
- 2014-03-19: Former Firefox Developer Explains Mozilla's Decision To Drop Its Modern UI Project
- 2014-03-19: Firefox Powers Better In-Browser Games At GDC14
- 2014-03-14: Mozilla Kills "Firefox For Metro" Project Citing Low Adoption
- 2014-03-12: Unreal Engine 4 Runs On Firefox
- 2011-08-30: Mozilla working on a tablet version of Firefox
- 2011-05-20: Firefox for Android beta can now cover your tracks
- 2011-04-04: Mozilla announces that add-ons slow down Firefox
- 2011-03-29: Firefox 4 Mobile for Android released
- 2011-03-21: Firefox 4 up for download