The long-awaited Nintendo 3DS portable gaming console will finally reach our shores next month, and according to reports online, there will be 18 games available at launch. Not a very impressive number, in fact we would say decent at best – but with hit titles such as Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition, Madden NFL Football, and Rayman 3D, gamers should find themselves busy until later this year when blockbuster games like The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D and Star Fox 64 3D arrive. Nintendo has also mentioned that there will be at least 30 games available by early June. Games will cost $39.99 each – a possible deciding factor in how well they sell, considering that consumers have become accustomed to paying $1-$10 for fully featured games on their mobile devices. Then again, they don’t offer the same immersive gaming experience that the 3DS is touted to bring, so we’ll see. The Nintendo 3DS will retail for $249.99 and be in stores on March 27. Is anyone counting down the days until March 27 yet?
Next Story: Apple to announce the iPad 2 on March 2?
- 2014-04-22 Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call Confirmed
- 2014-04-22 New Fatal Frame For The Wii U Being Developed
- 2014-04-21 Nintendo Game Boy Officially Turns 25 Years Old
- 2014-04-17 Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17 Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2011-07-22 Nintendo Video comes to the US
- 2011-04-06 Nintendo Wii 2 launching this spring?
- 2011-03-21 Nintendo doesn't want games from "garage developers"
- 2011-03-21 Best Buy to host midnight launches for the Nintendo 3DS
- 2011-03-18 Upcoming Thor and Captain America games to be in 3D