To anyone who ever dismissed glasses-free 3D as a gimmick – the sales figures of the latest Nintendo console should put all doubts to rest, at least for people in Japan. Nintendo shipped a total of 400,000 units of their 3DS console to the retailers in Japan and the device went on sale last Saturday (February 26). In less than 24 hours, every single unit was snapped up from the shelves of those retailers. It’s pretty understandable since Nintendo basically has a cult following in Japan. It’ll be interesting to see if the rest of the world receives the console the same way. The Nintendo 3DS will be made available in Europe on March 25th and the US on March 26th. How many of you will be standing in line to get your hands on one in a few weeks?
Next Story: Atari 2600 Stella mod is the bomb
- 2014-04-23 Ace Attorney 3DS Takes Place In Late 1800s
- 2014-04-23 Mario Kart 8 Demo Rumored For Release Ahead Of Official Game
- 2014-04-22 Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call Confirmed
- 2014-04-22 New Fatal Frame For The Wii U Being Developed
- 2014-04-21 Nintendo Game Boy Officially Turns 25 Years Old
- 2013-04-18 Luigi-Themed Nintendo 3DS XL Headed To Japan On July 18
- 2012-07-27 Nintendo explains how they test the 3DS
- 2012-03-06 Nintendo 3DS sells 4.5 million units in its first year in the U.S.
- 2011-10-13 Nintendo hits 50 million sales for DS console
- 2011-01-04 Nintendo DS and Wii set new US Sales Records in 2010