A 54-year old man has been charged for initiating sexual encounters with a 13-year old girl he had married in the virtual world of Runescape. Runescape is an online role-playing game where players can band together to quest or even just hang out to socialize. The man met the girl through the game and they got along well. Their friendship eventually led to a wedding (in the game) and an attempt to communicate out of the game. The man tried sending her a cellphone at first, but failed so he tried giving it to her personally. When the man met the girl, he had sex with her multiple times. This crime was eventually discovered when the girl’s mother found out she had a cellphone she wasn’t supposed to have and was texting somebody. The authorities were brought in and an investigation was launched. The man managed to elude the cops for awhile but was eventually caught and he now faces 4 to 20 years in prison. Here’s another reason to why parents should be monitoring their kids’ activities even though they seem to be playing something as harmless as an online game. You never know who’s on the other side of the screen.
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-01-16: Police Shutdown Pedophile Ring Accused Of Streaming Videos Online
- 2013-10-31: HTC Sends HTC One To Man Whose Life Was Saved By Bullet-Stopping Cellphone
- 2013-10-29: Cellphone Saves Gas Station Clerk's Life By Stopping A Bullet Fired At Him
- 2013-03-21: Model Tracks Down Pervert Via His LinkedIn Profile